There are countless lists out there about the best songs to listen to while on a road trip. Most of these lists include some of the greatest songs ever. Most of them are cheery and tell you what songs create the best vibes for a fun trip. Well, this isn’t that kind of blog post.Today, we are going to do things a little differently and give you a list of the worst songs you can possibly listen to while on a road trip. What defines a song as a bad road trip song, you might ask? Well that’s a great question. Some songs are bad for a road trip because they have scientific researching showing that they are directly correlated to speeding. While others have research backing them up that people have an increased chance of getting into a car accident at high speeds. Some have been show to be what people were listening to when they got into an accident at low speeds. Then there are the songs that are not backed up by science and are just plain ear numbing bad. So, heed this advice, maybe you are a dad who just wants to put a great mix together that the whole family can enjoy, well make sure you skip out on these songs. Perhaps you are the dad who wants to annoy his kids, torture them for a bit. Well I’ve got some songs on this list for you. Whatever your motivations are please don’t be offended if one of these songs on the list is your favorite song. Also, this list is in no particular order.
- “Beethoven’s 5th Symphony.” This should go without saying, but this may put you straight to sleep. Classical music was cited to have a correlation with minor accidents.
- “One Piece at a Time” by Johnny Cash. You can’t beat Johnny Cash for great country music. A recent study, found that country music was high in leading to accidents and speeding. This song is about a man who stole a car one piece at a time from the plant he worked at.
- “Summer In The City” by The Lovin’ Spoonful. It’s a great song, says Steve Silberberg, but any song with car horns blowing or ambulance noises is bad because drivers can mistake it for the real thing.
- “Are You Gonna Go My Way” by Lenny Kravitz. A strong beat that may be a little too strong for potential speeders. No science backing this one up.
- “We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together” Taylor Swift. This was voted in as one of the worst songs to listen to on a road trip.
- “You’re Beautiful”, James Blunt. Also on this dreaded list.
- “Arms Wide Open”, Creed. You guessed it, same list.
- “Rude” by Magic was voted by Time magazine as the worst song of 2014.
So please please do not listen to these songs when you are on your next RV road trip. It could be bad for your safety, it could be bad for your ears, or even worse, it could be bad for your families ears!