Kroubetz Lakeside Campers Lake Crystal, MN Blog
- 0 0Published on May 13, 2016
If high flying, fast moving, looking for a good challenge is your personality type then you are probably the kind that craves a thrill. For those adrenaline junkies out there we’ve got a list of the top thrills in Minnesota. Leave your “scaredy pants” at home and check out some of these top places and things to do near you.
- Skydiving- there is numerous skydiving locations all over the state of Minnesota but there’s only one that give you a high-flying, breathtaking view of the lakes. Sky Dive the Lakes is located just 40 miles from Minneapolis and offers customers a day full of thrills. You and up to 20 of your friends can have the experience of a lifetime, under trained professional jumpers. Each person jumps tandem with an instructor for your safety. You can choose to jump from 14,000 or 18,000 feet and get a birds-eye view of Winsted and Lake Minnetonka. They have many discounts offered including group discounts and birthday discounts, so get your thrill on your birthday!
- Rock Climbing- Rock climbing is one of those sports where you are up against yourself and Mother Nature. The difficulty of the climb is based solely on how well you train. If you enjoy traversing up the side of cliffs and mountains, there are plenty of places in Minnesota where you can climb, including state parks. Tettegouche State Park offers climbs for both beginners and advanced climbers and stunning views of Silver Bay once you reach the top. The Minnesota State Parks department offers lessons to interested individuals through their “I Can Climb” program. The courses are free during the summer months and all of your gear and equipment are provided. Never tried climbing before? Why not give it a shot. Visit www.dnr.state.mn.us for more information on the “I Can Climb” programs offered.
- Zip Lining and Canopy Tours- As kids we loved to climb trees, build tree houses and pretend we were monkeys and swing from the branches. Well guess what?! You can do the same as an adult. Zip line tours are offered daily in different parts of Minnesota. Kerfoot Canopy Tours located in Henderson is one of the top company’s for zip line tours. They have over 14 zip lines spanning over 1 mile amongst the tree tops in Henderson and the Minnesota River Valley. The whole tour takes about 2.5 hours and they can accommodate groups for special occasions. Special instruction and practice runs on smaller zip lines come first to get you ready to set out on the big trails. If heights are not your thing then this may not be the thrill for you.
- White Water Rafting- Who doesn’t love the thrill of rushing down rapids and paddling your way to calmer waters! White water rating can be done in more places than just the Colorado River. Swiftwater Adventures in Esko, MN offers white water rafting, kayaking and canoeing trips. Sign up for a 2 hour guided trip on the St Louis River, just south of Duluth, MN. Tour guides will take you through raging rapids from calm and easily managed rapids to violent and challenging ones. It all depends on the current that day. May and June are the best months to go on a whitewater rafting trip because the water is at its highest point in the season. If you really want some rough rapids, book your trip around an approaching storm, we hear the turbulent weather can make for some big waves! For more info on how to book a whitewater rafting trip visit www.swiftwatermn.com.
Well we’ve given you a list of the best thrills from water, land, and the air. Challenge yourself a little this year and put some excitement in your life!
Looking for a toy hauler to transport your own kayaks, canoes and climbing gear? We’ve got the selection for you. Visit us at Kroubetz Lakeside Campers in Lake Crystal, MN for the best toy haulers from Grand Design, Forest River and more! Check out our selection by visiting www.kroubetz.com. We look forward to helping you find the toy hauler that fits all of your thrill seeking adventure needs.