Kroubetz Lakeside Campers Lake Crystal, MN Blog
- 0 0Published on Mar 22, 2016
Reasons to visit Minnesota in the Spring
Spring is a sign of regrowth, warmer weather, and the start of outdoor events and festivals. States all over the U.S. have their own very special ways of welcoming in spring, including Minnesota. It is such a beautiful and fun state to visit on its own, but spring is a great time to join in the excitement of enjoying everything it has to offer. Here are the top reasons to visit Minnesota in the spring.
- Great outdoor activities- there are plenty of outdoor activities that one can partake in Minnesota but the state is specifically known for its bicycle friendly accommodations. Minneapolis leads the pack with roughly 200 miles of recreational bike paths around the city. This includes the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway- one of the best byways in America. In fact, Minneapolis has earned the awards for many “best-of” bike trails within the state and often the country.
- Baseball- Spring training is taking place for MLB teams across the country and the beginning of April brings the Minnesota Twins back to their home field for the start of the season. Thousands of fans flock to Target field to watch their favorite team take on their rivals and have a great time cheering them on. Not to mention the fun tailgating experience that is a must for most sporting events, including Minnesota Twins baseball.
- Outdoor Dining- The start of warmer weather means the beginning of outdoor dining. Once the temperatures rise, you’ll see many local restaurants open their outdoor dining for those seeking to enjoy their meals in the fresh, warm spring air. Spring also means the beginning of outdoor festivals, including food festivals, music festivals, art festivals, etc. Many of these events feature outdoor vendors just dying to try out their newest flavorful concoctions with hungry festival goers; and for some reason food just seems to taste better when you can enjoy it under the warm sun.
- Maple Syrup Tastings- Minnesota is known for their maple syrup and March is the ideal time for the sugar maple trees to be tapped. Many state parks and nature centers host maple tree tapping events so visitors can see first-hand how pure maple syrup is made and get a taste of freshly made maple syrup. The Audubon Center of the Northwoods is one nature center that hosts tapping events every spring. Did you know that it takes 30-40 gallons of sap from a maple tree to make 1 gallon of maple syrup?
Other than the activities and attractions listed here, Minnesota is a great place to visit in the spring. The parks and rivers are full of budding plants, trees and wildlife that make for picturesque scenery all over the state. Coming off a cold, wet winter, colorful plants and the fresh scent of new foliage is welcomed.
Kroubetz Lakeside Campers
Spring is officially here and we’ve got new models RV’s just waiting for you to check out! Come visit us at our showroom in Lake Crystal, MN and we’ll help you find that new or used RV you’ve been waiting for.
Visit our website for more information or to view our line of RV’s. www.kroubetz.com