Kroubetz Lakeside Campers Lake Crystal, MN Blog
- 0 0Published on Apr 26, 2016
Best Rain Gear for Camping
Folks, it’s inevitable, no matter how much you plan and pray for good weather, there are going to be times when you are going to get rained on while camping. However, it’s not the end of the world. With the proper equipment and preparation, you can survive any rainy day outdoors. Here is a list of some of the best rain gear you’ll need to keep yourself and your belongings dry while camping.
- Tarps- Your #1 must have while camping. They serve many purposes for camping in general but are especially handy in rainy weather. If you get to your campsite and the ground is already wet from previous rain, laying a tarp down on the ground before you set up your tent will help keep the ground water from getting into your tent. You can also use it as a shelter to hang above your tent to help keep the rain away. Most tents come with a rain guard but during torrential downpours, even the best rain guards fall short.
- Buy camping gear made of synthetic material- Synthetic material repels water so picking out camping chairs, sleeping bags, table cloths, jackets, and more made from this material will help keep you and your belongings dry.
- Dry bags or garbage bags- Dry bags work wonders for keeping your belongings dry. Keeping all of your electronics or clothes inside a dry bag during wet weather will prevent from unwanted damage.
- Waterproof spray such as Nikwax Tent and Gear Solar proof work wonders to repel water. Simply spray on tents, chairs, awnings, etc to keep water off of your stuff.
- Shams or towels- Having shams on hand works wonders for soaking up water from surfaces after a rain. Chairs, tables, tents and any other area that collects water during a rain storm can easily be dried with a sham or towel. However, shams work slightly better than towels and can soak up more.
- Waterproof your electronics- Investing in waterproof cases for your electronics such as cell phones, tablets, cameras, and weather radios allow you to still enjoy using them and they will be protected from the rain. Water proof cameras such as the GoPro Digital Hero is a great example of a waterproof gadget that you can still use to capture the fun moments on your camping trips. Think about getting caught in a rain storm while canoeing down a river or hiking up a mountain. These moments can be some of the best and most memorable and you wouldn’t want to miss out on capturing those.
- Water resistant lamps- There is nothing worse than trying to find your way around in the dark in the middle of a storm. Having a waterproof lantern or workable lamp will allow you to be able to see in the dark and can withstand a little rain. Having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and trip over something because you can’t see isn’t safe for you or the other campers’ tent you might fall into.
These items along with many others will help to make your camping trip still enjoyable even if Mother Nature isn’t cooperating. For more weather resistant products you might need for your next camping trip visit www.campingworld.com.
Kroubetz Lakeside Campers
Minnesota is known to get a little rain, especially in the spring so make sure you are prepared for your next camping trip. Having a nice dry RV to retreat to during inclement weather can make all the difference.
Stop by Kroubetz Lakeside Campers in Lake Crystal, MN to see our line of new and used RV’s to suit your camping needs. Visit our website at www.kroubetz.com to browse our inventory and find the RV of your dreams.